Sunday, planday!

Hey guys!
Just a little warning this post is a little long! 😂

This week I decided to become a little bit more organized because I would get to the middle of the week and act like a crazy women not knowing what to do or what to cook for dinner because I also have to add it for Ramiro's lunch for work. I always asked Ramiro what he wanted and would always end up with the same answer "its up to you."

So being tired of the same response I decided to organize my week and let me tell you! It has worked so well! Sunday is normally our grocery shopping day as it might be for a lot of families around the world. I started by using a Portuguese machine that helps a lot around the kitchen called Bimby. It has a lot of recipes so I grabbed the box of recipes and choose 6. You must be wondering 6? why not 7 as there are 7 days of the week. Well on Friday or Saturday we normally have it as cheat day. We get a takeaway or just have what we have in the fridge. 
I must confess I hardly use the machine but choosing the recipes was the best idea!



My plan for the week was;

                             ⠂Sunday       14th:    Poached eggs with peas
                             ⠂Monday      15th:   Carbonara and spaghetti
                             ⠂Tuesday      16th:   Sausages, vegetables and rice
                             ⠂Wednesday 17th:   Spaghetti Bolognese
                             ⠂Thursday    18th:    Pork chops and sweet potato's
                             ⠂Friday         19th:   Chicken lasagne and spinach
                             ⠂Saturday     20th:    Cheat day
Unfortunately plans never go to plan and on Sunday Ramiro ended having dinner round his friends but I still made dinner. I gave Marley his bath, got his all dressed up and gave him his bottle. them proceed to make dinner.

Sunday: Poached eggs with peas


So what goes in poached eggs with peas? here are the ingredients;
       
                             ⠂6 Eggs (can be more if its more than two people)
                             ⠂1 can of chopped tomatoes
                             ⠂1 Spanish chorizo ring 
                             ⠂half a bag of frozen peas
                             ⠂A bowl of sliced onion
                             ⠂1 cup of Rice (can be more if its more than two people)


I like to use some Portuguese products such as rice. The amount of eggs depends on how many people you are making dinner for. I like to have 3 for each person. even though it just me and Ramiro I also have to prepare his lunch for the next day.

Start by cooking your rice in a different pan. While your rice is cooking chop your Spanish chorizo like the picture below. 

 Add a little of olive oil to a new pan and put in you sliced onions and chopped Spanish chorizo. let that cook until it starts sizzling before proceeding to your next step. The next step is just to add your chopped tomato into the pan and mixing it in.
your next step is also very simple. Just add hot boiling water from your kettle. I normally don't measure how much I need but I use the maximum sign on my kettle.



After adding you water, Let it boil a little bit more in your pan, let it boil for 5 minuets before going to the next step.
After letting the water boil for 5 minuets add you frozen peas. they will have to cook well so leave them for 5 to 7 minuets. At this point if you like to add a little pinch of salt.

your next step is to crake each egg into the pan but the eggs must be far away from each other or they will join together. I have placed a picture bellow for you to see where my eggs are placed in the pan. 


After putting in your eggs let set the temperature at high for it to cook well. Leave it to cook for 10 minuets but keep checking on it. after the 10 minuets are done, you food is ready. add the rice you had done and put in you poached eggs in.
 hope you like this recipe!

Monday:
So because Ramiro had dinner round his friends on Sunday, I don't like to have food go to waste so we had the rest of the poached eggs and peas I had done on Sunday. I must confess it felt amazing not having to cook and being able to have free time for myself.
🙈
Because I didn't cook on Monday I had the list for the rest of the week and I was really looking forward for Carbonara and spaghetti. so I changed it a little 😂


                             ⠂Tuesday      16th:   Carbonara and Spaghetti
                             ⠂Wednesday 17th:   Sausages, vegetables and rice
                             ⠂Thursday    18th:    Spaghetti Bolognese
                             ⠂Friday         19th:   Pork chops and sweet potato's
                             ⠂Saturday     20th:    Chicken lasagne and spinach

As I had to change the list a little cheat day was no longer on the list 😅 which meant me and Ramiro would have to decide if on Friday or Saturday we were going to have a cheat day....

Tuesday: Carbonara and Spaghetti:


This is my favourite one of all the recipes this week and I even made a little bit extra for my own lunch the next day... How does it go? I'll tell you. 
Now just a little note on the side that I don't actually measure my ingredients and just add as much as I think I need. the picture bellow I didn't add all the ingredients but I will say which ones I used if it does help.

Ingredients;

                             ⠂Spaghetti 
                             ⠂Unsmoked Pancetta
                             ⠂Garlic 
                             ⠂Milk
                             ⠂Olive oil
                             ⠂10g of milk
                             ⠂Flower
                             ⠂Cheese


I started by cooking the spaghetti in a different pan. While that is cooking I proceeded to start to cook the unsmoked pancetta. when that is finally cooked I put it in a bowel and start making the sauce in the same pan as I cooked the pancetta, I like using the extra olive oil that the pancetta leaves.

for the sauce I add the milk first, let it cook for a while. when the milk starts bubbling I add the 10g of butter and mix it in well. once the butter has melted I add a little bit of follower. I used 3 spoons of follower. you don't need to put a lot as it only to make it less liquid. once I have mixed in the flower I turn the heat down and put in my cheese. For the cheese I like to use Edam sliced Cheese. I only add 2 slices but Ramiro likes me to add 3, that bit is more of a personal choice when cooking.



once the sauce is done I add the pancetta back into the pan and the spaghetti. this recipe literally took me 30 minuets to make.


Wednesday:

Like I say you plan things and they never turn as planed. so during the week Ramiro ate all the sausages we had and I went into the Portuguese shop to buy some more. but unfortunately I was looking at the tined sausages and got a different Portuguese tined food already made!
It made my Wednesday easy as I only had to put it in the pan and heat it up and make some rice.
Bellow is the picture of the tin can I brought. its really good to be honest but for who ever knows how to make this recipe at home, knows its much better! 


Thursday: Spaghetti Bolognese


My spaghetti Bolognese is really simple. I some times like to add mushrooms and sweetcorn just to give it a little different taste but this time, I was going to add sweetcorn but felt like I wanted to have the normal classic Bolognese.

ingredients;

                             ⠂Spaghetti or pasta 
                             ⠂Tomato and mushroom sauce


I really like the Farmfoods beef mince and onion as I don't have to add onions while doing it and makes everything much easier.
All I do is cook my pasta on the side, and add my tomato sauce and beef. Let it cook well and all done. When I do add the sweetcorn and mushrooms. When the beef is cooking I add the mushrooms and once the beef is well cooked it add the sweetcorn.


Friday:

on Friday I decided to not cook anything as we had food in the fridge.

Saturday:

Ramiro made dinner as I had gone to an event in London and only got home at 21:30, at that time, Ramiro was eating, and Marley was already in bed.

Thank you for reading. I will continue to become more organised and you all will follow that adventure with me.

Until next time! 😘 

Comments

  1. Nunca provei a carne picada do farm foods ..ainda por cima ja tem cebola ���� Vou experimentar com essa fazer a bolonhesa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment