Teething baby!


Hey guys!
So Marley has now reached his teething stage at 7 months!😱 Like we all know tooth ache is no game! It's painful and we wouldn't wish it on anybody. But unfortunately babies have to go through it so they can become the little munching monsters we all know. I'm making this post to help out new mummy's and daddy's on what to do when this time comes around. Obviously I'm also here to help mums and dads who have more children and are looking on ways to help their little ones.

Some parents including myself have thought at times that our little ones are already teething but then no tooth comes out and we are left wondering what that was. This is because some babies show signs of teething as early as 3 months but it is most common for babies to start teething from 4 or 6 months. It can also be later than 6 months because all babies are different like we are all different as adults.

 So here is some sighs look out for, for when your baby is teething:

⠂ Swollen gums
⠂Red cheeks
⠂Loss of appetite
⠂Drooling
⠂Moody
⠂Difficulty sleeping
⠂Intensive biting
⠂Ear pulling 
⠂Teething fever 

How can you help you baby? Well for me personally I had to ask Marley's doctor for what he could take for the pain relief and fever as he got a lot of fever. But when he did take the medicine the doctor prescribed he would still cry in pain. I gave his a little pea size of Teetha teething gel.


This teething gel helps Marley a lot, once I rub a pea size on his guns he calms down so much and sometimes even goes back to sleep. There are other teething gels but I think this one has helped Marley a lot.

When Marley has a fever I obviously give him his medication but I also give him a warm bath but the water needs to be slightly to the cold side. It helps the fever to go down. If he has had a bath already and the fever comes back I try to keep him in the coolest cloths he has. It is important for them not to feel hot or it can worsen the fever. Keep checking your baby and if medication doesn't work call you doctor again.

I also have teething toys for Marley. I put them in the fridge to have them cool for when he is playing he can have them and rub his gums on the toys. If teething toys don't work try giving a nice cold carrot, it allows them to taste the carrot and rub their gums on it. Marley didn't really like the taste of the carrot and his dad ended up eating the carrot for him. 😂 Another good vegetable which babies might like is cucumber.
Try giving your little one cold foods like yogurt, an apple or smoothies with frozen fruits. There are so many options that can help them at this stage.  

Try giving them comfort as they will get moody, Marley likes having me around at night snuggling him, this option is good but they will get used to sleeping with you and then it will become difficult taking this habit off them. I am currently trying to have Marley go back to sleep during the whole night in his bed and I tried adding his favourite teddy bear. 
He still woke up during the night but not as often as he would normally. 


You little one will lose their appetite and talking to your doctor will help as they know what to do. What I do with Marley is give him a lot of squash during the day and when it is lunch time he doesn't want to eat soup, so I give him his milk which he loves and stays happy. Try giving their food when they're a little bit in a better mood and maybe the food might go down better. What also helps with Marley is when I try giving him his soup and he doesn't want it I put on his favourite TV show or call his grandmother and normally that helps feed him. 

Please read!
I am no doctor so if you do see something in your baby that isn't normal please call your doctor. I haven't put up his medication on here as every medication is differently prescribed for each one of us and I fear that someone might want to do the same to their child and say that I told them to do so. What I do to help Marley may not help with your baby so check on your doctor to see if its safe.

I would also love you guys to help each other in the comment section bellow. 
Bye for now my loves! 😘

Comments